- CONTACT US
- AFS
- Business
- Bussiness
- Car
- Career
- Celebrity
- Digital Products
- Education
- Entertainment
- Fashion
- Film
- Food
- Fun
- Games
- General Health
- Health
- Health Awareness
- Healthy
- Healthy Lifestyle
- History Facts
- Household Appliances
- Internet
- Investment
- Law
- Lifestyle
- Loans&Mortgages
- Luxury Life Style
- movie
- Music
- Nature
- News
- Opinion
- Pet
- Plant
- Politics
- Recommends
- Science
- Self-care
- services
- Smart Phone
- Sports
- Style
- Technology
- tire
- Travel
- US
- World

A new directive would restrict IDF-issued devices to iPhones for lieutenant colonels, reducing the risk of intrusions for senior officers.
The Israel Defense Forces will tighten rules on mobile devices for senior officers and prohibit Android phones on IDF-issued lines, Army Radio reported on Wednesday.
Under the expected order, commanders from the rank of lieutenant colonel and above will be permitted to use only Apple iPhones for official communications. The step is aimed at reducing the risk of intrusions on senior officers’ handsets, according to the report.
Under the plan, the IDF would standardize operating systems at senior echelons to simplify security controls and updates. The IDF has not publicly detailed timelines or exceptions, and there was no immediate comment on whether the policy will cover personal devices used for work.
Why the IDF is acting now
Israeli security officials have long warned that hostile actors use social platforms and messaging apps to target soldiers’ phones and track troop movements. The IDF previously cautioned that Hamas used WhatsApp to solicit information from troops on the Gaza border, urging soldiers to report suspicious messages to commanders.
Military intelligence has also exposed repeated “honeypot” schemes in which operatives posed as women online to lure personnel into installing malware, most notably in Operation HeartBreaker. Analysts noted that such campaigns sought access to contacts, photos, and real-time location data on soldiers’ devices.
IDF staged scenarios mimicking Hezbollah-linked 'honeypots'
The new step follows earlier efforts to harden mobile use across the force, including training and internal drills designed to raise officers’ awareness of social-engineering tactics. In recent years, the IDF even staged scenarios mimicking Hezbollah-linked “honeypots” to stress-test units’ digital discipline.
Army Radio said the directive is expected to be issued in the coming days, with implementation applying to officers from lieutenant colonel up to the general staff. The reported move aligns with a broader push to curb inadvertent exposure from social media and ubiquitous messaging apps that can reveal patterns of life.
In 2019, the IDF warned troops that Hamas was using WhatsApp to gather data on IDF movement near Gaza and instructed soldiers to flag suspicious contacts to their chains of command.
ANNA AHRONHEIM, FELICE FRIEDSON/THE MEDIA LINE, and REUTERS contributed to this report.
LATEST POSTS
- 1
Israel violated ceasefire with Hezbollah more than 10,000 times, UNIFIL claims - 2
Report in relation to renaming Herzog Park set to be withdrawn - 3
Bismuth’s haredi draft bill won’t change enlistment, IDI expert tells 'Post' - 4
I work with companies to confront addiction in the workplace. The hidden crisis is costing corporate America millions. - 5
German police 'cleared path for fascists with batons,' protesters say
Warnings rise for U.S. as severe flu strain causes outbreaks in Canada, U.K.
Israeli president concerned over proposed renaming of park
Air Force made critical errors during October 7 massacre, investigator says
Watch China's Shenzhou 22 rescue ship arrive at Tiangong space station (video)
A decade after Brazil’s deadly dam collapse, Indigenous peoples demand justice on the eve of COP30
Explainer-What has happened to the damaged spacecraft at China's space station?
Japan deploys the military to counter a surge in bear attacks
Paratroopers kill terrorist who threw rocks at Israeli citizens, soldiers near Ofra in West Bank
Guinea-Bissau's coup called a 'sham' by West African political figures













